Home....Where My Story Begins
Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Beautiful Winters in Ohio
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
We're Snowed In!
Super Bowl Mania!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Shaken Baby Syndrome
Remember the 2-2-2 theory. Babies can begin to cry as early as 2 weeks of age, crying peaks at 2 months, and a baby can cry up to 2 hours per day. Crying is a normal part of infant development.
Develop an action plan for how you will handle your baby’s crying. Develop strategies for soothing your child and yourself. Locate a safe place (e.g., baby’s crib or playpen) where the baby can lay down while you take a break.
Be proactive – develop a family support plan of how you and your family members will support one another during your baby’s peak crying periods. Also, talk with your child’s caregivers to develop a plan for communicating with one another, including relieving your child’s caregiver, if needed, during times of stress.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Valentines Day Decorating
Sunday, January 25, 2009
What worked, what didn’t?
I enjoyed taking time off during the holidays. Next year I plan to take more days off before Christmas and between New Years.
Did you try any new thing that you loved enough to want to make in to a tradition?
This year I had stockings filled for everyone. This was kinda fun to do. I plan on picking up items throughout the year instead of waiting till right before the holidays.
This years we celebrated before Christmas, this turned out really good. I was just exhausted from getting everything ready that I pretty much slept Christmas Eve away. We had pouring rain that night. The disappointment was I didn't get to go see all the Christmas Lights, which I love to do with my mom.
Were you able to let old traditions go that just aren’t working any more?
A lot of traditions have been lost over the years. Leaving Cookies and Milk out for Santa.
Going to Christmas Eve Mass. Now, I go Christmas morning.
I know many of you cut back on the decorations you put out…how’d that feel??
I didn't decorate like I wanted to outside. I was pretty pathetic actually.
Next year: I plan to be more organized and get all my decorations out when it's warmer. I want to put out the trees in the dining room and kitchen again. Get all my projects done and put up.
What were some of your highlights?
Having Tyler and buying toys again. He made Christmas all worthwhile.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
This Poem Really Sums It Up!
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared;
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
I said to myself, as I only can
So--away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
I won't have a cookie--not even a lick.
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Enjoy the youtube video of The Changing Presidents: I found this on The Spice Cupboard blog.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Giveaway on Terri's Blog!
Terri, at Lakewood Manor, just revealed her 400 post! She's having a Valentine giveaway to celebrate. It's a fun site to visit and you'll come away with some great ideas.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
We woke up this morning to a -15 temperature!
Talk about cold....The front door to my house is frozen shut!
12:30 pm ~ Update
It's a Heat Wave - Temperature reading is 13 degrees!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Getting the Crafting Itch!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Baby, It's Cold Outside!
Waking up to below zero temperatures ~ believe me when they say "Baby, It's Cold Out Side"
this is what they're referring to! Tomorrow, we are expected to get even lower temperatures.
Joel and Brownie spending time in the snow! Brownie refused to go romping in the snow, doesn't like to get his paws wet ya know!
Just notified: Snow Day on Friday!!!!!!! This is just to good to be true!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Welcome to the 2009 edition of getting to know your Friends.
The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
1. What time did you get up this morning?6:45 - got ready to go to work, then found out we had a snow day!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
4. What is your favoriteTV show?Oh, I have so many on different nights --House, Navy NCIS,
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Ice Tea, now I'm eating Oatmeal.
6. What is your middle name? Lynn
7. What food do you dislike?nothing...that's why I look like I do.
8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Jimmy Buffett also like Bob Marley
9. What kind of car do you drive?Envoy
10. Favorite sandwich?Cheeseburger in Paradise
11. What characteristic do you despise? Phony nice
12. Favorite item of clothing? PJ's
13. Where would you go on vacationBeach -- not really picky where -- just the beach. BEACH anywhere
14. Favorite brand of clothing?none necessarily....just what I find that fits well and will wear well.
15. Where would you retire to?Anywhere there is a beach....
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? 50th
17. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball
18. Furthest place you are sending this? Ohio only
19. Person you expect to send it back first? Erica
20. When is your birthday? Oct. 22
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Mornings only
22. What is your shoe size?7 1/2
23. Pets? 3 yorkies: Tumbles, Scruffy and Brownie!
24. Any exciting news you'd like to share with us? Nothing really exciting at the moment
25. What did you want to be when you were little? A mom
26. How are you today?Rested
27. What is your favorite candy? Peanut M&M's, Reese Cups anything Chocolate
28. What is your favourite flower?
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?.April 1st - the lake opens
30. What is you favorite pastime?crafting, napping, watching TV
31. What are you listening to right now?George Bush's Speech
32. What was the last thing you ate? Oatmeal
33. Do you wish on stars? I have
34. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?Any shade of blue
35. How is the weather right now?Cold & snowing
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? Bob
37. Favorite soft drink? Ice Tea
38. Favourite restaurant?Cheeseburger in Paradise
39. Real hair color?Dark Brown,
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbie
41. Summer or winter? Summer
42. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
44. Coffee or tea? Tea
45. Do you want your friends to email you back?Yes
46. When was the last time you cried? It's been a while
47. What is under your bed?Shoes
48. What did you do last night? Watched TV, played on the computer
49. What are you afraid of? Birds
50. Salty or sweet?Both
51. How many keys on your key ring? Don't know at the moment it's in the car.
52. How many years at your current job?10
53. Favorite day of the week? Sunday
54. How many towns have you lived in?5
55. Do you make friends easily? Never thought about it.
56. How many people will you send this to?a bunch
57. How many will respond? Unknown
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
$5.00 Dinners - is having a giveaway for a $25.00 Kroger Gift Card.
If you would, go over and check it out. Lots of good ideas for saving money there too!
1. Contest ends Wednesday, January 7th at 5 pm EST. Winner will be announced in Wednesday night's dinner post.
2. Entry #1: Fill out the form below.
3. Entry #2: Leave a comment telling me in what way you promoted this contest (i.e., posting it in a forum, posting about it on your blog, Twittering about it, and/or subscribe to my feed by email or in a reader). I will combine the comments with the form replies before selecting the winner.
4. Winner will be selected by Random.org.
5. Contest is open to US residents only.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
OH-IO Go Buckeyes!
Wanted to wish all my fellow Buckeyes Good Luck. I plan on watching the game with my 3 anti-Buckeye fans (Notre Dame and North Carolina). I'm the lone Buckeye fan in this household so you could say we're a mixed breed!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Christmas Swaps Received
Deb, from GLU, sent me these items for a snowman swap.
I received these items from Mary LS, from GLU, in the stocking swap...A yearly tradition.
Love the primitive items!
Friday, January 2, 2009