Home....Where My Story Begins

Sunday, January 25, 2009




I'm celebrating Rudolph Day - on January 25th. Girls Like Us is having a look back on the holidays forum and here are my responses.

What worked, what didn’t?

I enjoyed taking time off during the holidays. Next year I plan to take more days off before Christmas and between New Years.

Did you try any new thing that you loved enough to want to make in to a tradition?

This year I had stockings filled for everyone. This was kinda fun to do. I plan on picking up items throughout the year instead of waiting till right before the holidays.

This years we celebrated before Christmas, this turned out really good. I was just exhausted from getting everything ready that I pretty much slept Christmas Eve away. We had pouring rain that night. The disappointment was I didn't get to go see all the Christmas Lights, which I love to do with my mom.



Were you able to let old traditions go that just aren’t working any more?

A lot of traditions have been lost over the years. Leaving Cookies and Milk out for Santa.
Going to Christmas Eve Mass. Now, I go Christmas morning.

I know many of you cut back on the decorations you put out…how’d that feel??

I didn't decorate like I wanted to outside. I was pretty pathetic actually.

Next year: I plan to be more organized and get all my decorations out when it's warmer. I want to put out the trees in the dining room and kitchen again. Get all my projects done and put up.

What were some of your highlights?

Having Tyler and buying toys again. He made Christmas all worthwhile.