Home....Where My Story Begins

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football!!!

OH - IO

We're from Ohio so of course we love Football!!! I would love to say my whole family bleeds scarlet and grey...That is so far from the truth... I love the Buckeye's, as does my daughter - who also bleeds blue and yellow for Akron University - Where she was a Varsity Cheerleader for the Zips. My husband, and 2 Sons are Notre Dame fans. It's not right being from Ohio and not being a huge Buckeye Fan. Takes all the fun out of Saturday Football, when I'm the only one cheering! This year however, I will root for the underdog, when OHIO University enters the Shoe! My son Jeremy's Alma Mater!

Getting ready for Saturday Afternoon - I'll kick it off with:

Buckeye Fudge Puddles:


Ingredients:
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough - Use the pre-shaped 12 to a package. Cut each in half and roll into ball (Will have 24 cookie balls)
1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini muffin tins with mini cupcake liners. Put a cookie ball into each slot. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. When you take out of the oven press down in the center of each cookie to form a cup. Melt the chips together in microwave for 1 minute - mix well - might have to melt 25 seconds longer - mix until smooth. Pour a spoonful into each cookie cup. Set until solid. Enjoy!


Marinara Meatball Subs:
My New Favorite Sandwich - Perfect for Game Day!
(I'll post pic in a couple days)


Ingredients:

2 lbs lean hamburger
1 tsp. garlic
salt
pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup milk


Mix the above ingredients together. - Form into medium size meatballs.

In a frying pan: Add 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil and chopped medium onion. Fry onion until tender.
Brown Meatballs on both sides. Place in crockpot. Pour 2 regular size Prego Marinara Sauce over the meatballs. Cook 1 hour on high, reduce to low and simmer until done. Place 2 meatball on sub bun lined with provolone cheese. Enjoy!

List of ingredients needed:
2 lbs. hamburger
1 medium onion
garlic
pepper
salt
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion
2 jars Prego Marinara Sauce
provolone cheese
Sub buns - can also use King Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls - for single serving.

Original Version - Pioneer Woman Cooks. - I've Tweaked it - to work for me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a Buckeyes fan, which doesn't go well in Keith's family or mine...but it is what it is! lol Go Cocks!!!!

August 13, 2010 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Tina❀ said...

mmmmm, everything looks so yummy. I'd just like to come over for dinner once. LOL.

August 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Baba said...

I'm lovin both of these recipes. I just love me some tailgating food!

September 7, 2010 at 5:19 AM  
Blogger Natasha in Oz said...

Our friends live in Ohio and when we visit them they always make buckeyes for us. Last year when they came to stay with us, my friend brought out all of the right ingredients to make some for Christmas-YUM!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

September 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home