Home....Where My Story Begins

Monday, February 18, 2008


Joel's jumped into the World of Blogging....Please check out his site at:
Don't think I'm not rubbing it in...I have 2 sons who majored in Computer Science in College, and I'm the first one to attempt to blog....Without their help too!



This past weekend was our first over-night visit with Tyler!
Whew....Next time he gets a room of his own to sleep in!

I ended up waking up every hour. all night long, checking on him. If he wasn't scooting all over his pack n play, I woke up because he was too quiet!

We did the usual grandma & baby things. Leaned all kinds of new songs, played all kinds of new games and had lots of hugs and kisses!


We're planning on lots of grandma & Tyler time in the future....



The Newest Craft Adventure.....Lampwork Bead Making!


Erica & Me trying to make a basic ball! Sounds pretty easy right? WRONG! I'm not sure we ever got a ball to hold the shape of a circle.




Vickie stretching the glass to make thinner strips to add eyes, dots and lines. Of course, I'm not sure any of the add ons turned out....We're going to need a lot of practice!



Erica melting glass to add onto the wire. Can't wait to see what she creates!

Heheheh...The end result was a creation you've never seen before!

Vickie & Me! Ok, I'm the one who burnt themselves 3 times before leaving the studio!

Any more time and I'd probably end up in the E.R. To think I plan on doing this in my own home! Keep the phone close by with 911 handy!


Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe from: There's No Place Like Home - blog

1/3 C. butter, softened

1/2 C. sugar

1 egg

1/2 C. mashed ripe banana1

/2 t. vanilla extract

1 C. all-purpose flour

1 t. baking powder

1/4 t. salt

1/8 t. baking soda

1 C. semisweet chocolate chips

In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.

I made these today...Taste a lot like banana bread in a cookie...Picture above was my results.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Norwood said...

I copied this recipe by selecting all,then copy.I posted this into a bulletin on my Myspace page.This recipe looks so good.Thank you.

April 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home