Home....Where My Story Begins

Monday, January 21, 2008

January 21, 2008


This is my first post!

Today, I spent the day playing and napping with Tyler!

Tyler is my first grandchild! Let me tell you, everything grandparent's tell you about becoming a grandparent is true! It's so far, the best thing I could ever experience.



Today's Recipe.... I made this today and loved it!


Thanks to Krista C. - Girls Like Us, for posting it!



Smothered Meatloaf Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2007

4 cups Potatoes O'Brien (recommended: Ore-Ida)

1 pound lean ground beef

1 1/4 pounds ground pork

1 (5.29-ounce) box Garlic Herb Shake and Bake (recommended: Kraft)

1 (1.1-ounce) envelope Beefy Onion Soup Mix (recommended: Lipton)

1 (4.5-ounce) jar Sliced Mushrooms, drained (recommended: Green Giant)

1 egg

1 (12-ounce) can condensed Cheddar soup, divided

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1 onion, sliced thin

1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms



Place potatoes in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.



In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, shake and bake, onion soup mix, sliced mushrooms, and egg. Set aside.



In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup Cheddar soup and evaporated milk. Add to meat mixture. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in slow cooker on top of the potatoes. Make sure meatloaf does not touch the sides of the slow cooker.



Stir together remaining cheddar soup with cream of mushroom soup. Pour over meatloaf. Top with onions and mushrooms.



Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 1 hour. Reduce the temperature to LOW setting and cook for an additional 5 to 6 hours.



Note: I left out the mushrooms...I don't like them, still tasted great without them!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the best thing you could ever have experienced was me...

January 21, 2008 at 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Joel has a fabulous sense of humor!

Michele, it all looks great, and I look forward to checking in often!!
Thanks so much for inviting me over!

Tammy

January 21, 2008 at 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site. Joel is wonderful. Ask Joel if that is what I am suppose to say? You have too much time on your hands. So must I. I read it and am writing back. Tyler' picture is great. I have a receipe for you.

January 23, 2008 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger judy said...

Congrats on your grandson, he's precious!
Thanks for the recipe too. Judy

January 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home