Home....Where My Story Begins

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fun @ Girls Night Out


Friday night was Girls Night Out at the Bead Boutique!

I was excited all week to see what the beads I had Jen design looked like!

Of course, I wasn't disappointed!

When the night ended I had created 4 pendants. Erica completed 4 pendants and 4 sets of earrings. 4 cage pendants and a valentine candy necklace...All were too cute. Vickie created the cutest diva like bracelet and necklace to match! Maggie also gets a special surprise for Valentine's Day... A special candy pendant made especially by Grandma Vickie!






Erica learns how to wrap wire to create a pendant!


Vickie show off one of her diva creations!


The following recipe was shared by one of the women attending. The 3 of us thought it was awesome....It will be on my to do list for the next holiday!

Baklava CHEESECAKE

source: athens.com

Ingredients:

1 12-ounce package sugar cookies, finely crumbled

1/2 cup butter, softened

4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 eggs

1 cup walnuts, chopped

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter, cubed

1/2teaspoon cinnamon

20 sheets Athens Fillo Dough, thawed

1/4 cup butter, melted


Syrup:

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup water

To prepare crust:

Combine cookie crumbs and butter with fork. Press crumbs on bottom and up sides of 9" springform pan.To prepare cheesecake, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on high speed for about 10 minutes until fluffy. Add lemon juice, vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth. Pour into springform pan.To prepare baklava, combine walnuts, sugar, butter and cinnamon in bowl and mix until crumbly. To cut fillo sheets into 9" rounds, cut a pattern out of wax paper that is 9" round, and fold in half. Use this pattern to cut through 20 sheets of fillo. Overlap 7 sheets of fillo (using curved edges of fillo to fit along side of pan) to cover the cheesecake filling, buttering each sheet as you lay it into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining walnut mixture over the fillo. Place the remaining 6 fillo sheets over the nut mixture, buttering the sheets.Lightly score into 10 equal sections without cutting all the way to center or outer edge. Bake in preheated 325°F oven for 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown. To make syrup, combine the honey and water together and heat. Spoon warm syrup over cheesecake. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours before slicing.Yield: 10 servings



GENERAL FILLO DOUGH HANDLING DIRECTIONS1. Allow fillo dough to thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.2. Carefully unroll fillo sheets onto a smooth, dry surface.3. Cover fillo completely with plastic wrap, then a damp towel.4. Keep fillo covered until needed. Do not leave uncovered for more than one minute to avoid drying out.5. Microwave butter until melted. This will give you a lighter and flakier pastry.6. Brush each layer of fillo with melted butter, margarine or oil.7. To prevent edges from cracking, brush edges first and then work into center.8. Be sure to brush the last layer of fillo with melted butter.9. Fillings should be chilled and not excessively moist.10. Fillo may be rolled and refrozen to store when not in use.

17 Comments:

Blogger Terri Steffes said...

Michele!!! I am so glad to see you are blogging! Come and visit me, ok? This recipe looks great! Would you like for me to introduce you to the blogging world?

February 3, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, welcome to blogging. It is so fun. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog!!!

February 4, 2008 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger Nunnie's Attic said...

Popped over from Terri's. Welcome to blogging!! You're going to love it. The recipe looks delicious!!

Love,
Julie

February 4, 2008 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger EE said...

Hey! Welcome to bloggy land!

February 4, 2008 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome! To the blog world! You will love it!

February 5, 2008 at 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big thanks to Terri, who's link from her blog allowed me to finally access yours!

Loving the recipes, the beads and that adorable grandbaby. :)

Keep bloggin'!

February 5, 2008 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Hi Michele, Terri said we'd find your blog most interesting...Terri never lies...but did you HAVE to put that Baklava cheesecake recipe in and me headed for my doctor's appointment...I've gained at least four pounds over Christmas...this won't be good for my diet! Welcome to blogland, I hope you'll come visit with me, I'm always looking for new friends!
Sandi

February 5, 2008 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi there..I popped over from Terri's! Welcome to blogland and I am assuming you like to bead things? LOL I'd love to pop back in and visit and you are welcome to do the same!
Blessings,
Robin

February 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Becky K. said...

Hey Michelle,
Welcome to blogging! Have fun with it.
I came over from Terri's blog.
This recipe looks great! I have philo dough in my freezer right now. I'll have to try this.
Becky K.

February 5, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger PAT said...

Hi Michele, welcome to the land of blog. I came by, via Terri's Lakewood Manor.

O my goodness, that Baklava Cheesecake....yum!

Pat

February 5, 2008 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Cottage Contessa said...

G'day! I found my way here from Terri's. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful cheesecake recipe, it looks absolutely delicious! Welcome to blogland, I hope you'll have a ball!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

February 6, 2008 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Terri and Bob directed me here and with a kitty name Brownie Boo and mine named Phatty-Foo-Foo, how could we not like one another! Terrific!!! Welcome to the blogging world. Have a wonderful time. I'll stop by to say hi often. I don't bead or do anything like it (not that I wouldn't like to, just not enough time in my day), so will live the life through you. We'll chat soon.

XO Suzanne

February 6, 2008 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Michele,

Welcome to blogging. This recipe looks great and I also used to do some jewelry making. I made so much I couldn't wear it all. LOL But it is so much fun.

February 6, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Michele,
I came over here from Terri's blog. Welcome to blog world! Come visit me when you have time
Penny

February 6, 2008 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Susie Q said...

Welcome to blogging Michelle! I popped over from Terri's and am glad I did! Wonderful recipes and sweet grandbabies! : )

Enjoy this thing called blogging. I have loved it!

Hugs,
Sue

February 8, 2008 at 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele--what's a blog??????????? it has taken me 3 months to click and find anything but a blank screen- you no i am not computer savy----have you forgotten my phone number ---- i need directions to navigate the web
xxoo Baby Neil's GA-GA

February 15, 2008 at 10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele,
I have been on your site and your favorite sites for over 2 hours...this will be addicting!!! Hey I really enjoyed lunch today...will let you know about scrapping on Thursday...Madeline

February 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home