Home....Where My Story Begins

Friday, May 21, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars

Whenever I'm on a diet, I tend to want to bake and bake and bake!

Is it my way of seeing how much will power I have?

That's a question, that still needs to be answered!

This might be the one so tempting that I cave!!!!!!


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars

1 roll of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - I bought the large roll
10 ounces of chocolate chips - I used milk chocolate
Scant 1/2 cup Half & Half
40 caramels
chopped pecans - Jeremy doen't like nuts in food - so I only put nuts on half the bars.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a 9 x 13 pan press the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for about 12 minutes. While the cookie is baking unwrapped 40 caramels and put into a microwave safe bowl; set aside.

Take the cookie crust out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips all around the top. Return to the oven until they are melted. Quickly and gently use a spatula to spread the chocolate across the top of the cookie. Be careful not to tear into the cookie layer. If the cookie begins to cool before the chocolate is spread return to the oven to melt the chocolate.

Add just under a 1/2 cup of Half & Half to the caramels. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute. Pour the caramel evenly over the chocolate chip topping. Sprinke pecans over the top. Let cool completely. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hunkidori said...

Keep em coming Michelle, this looks delicious and easy. My kind of cooking, thanks! Sam

May 22, 2010 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Baba said...

Oh, these look yummy! I love anything chocolaty!

I swear to you, I have lost the most weight just by eating chocolate!

May 23, 2010 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger ~Kristen~ said...

Those look AMAZING!!! Must try these!!!

May 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home