Home....Where My Story Begins

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ho Ho Cake - Christmas In July



In Honor of Christmas in July - I wanted to share a Ho Ho Cake Recipe.

1 Chocolate Cake Mix
Mix according to directions and bake in 10 x 15 pan

Filling:
5 Tbsp. flour
2 1/2 c. milk

Cook until thickened cool. Add:

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. crisco
1/2 c. margarine

Cream and add to flour mixture. Beat until fluffy. Cake should be warm when you pour the white filling on.

Frosting:
1/2 c. margarine
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3 pkgs pre-melted chocolate (unsweetened)
2 1/2 Tbsp. hot water
3 c. powdered sugar

Melt margarine and add the rest of the ingredients and beat well. Ice cake when it's cold.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hillcresthome Prims said...

I love your blog and I joined it. I hope you can swing by my blog and check it out. I love the music that is on your blog.

I can't wait for your next post, you blog is very uplifting, I really enjoyed reading and listening to the music, it put a smile on my face!
Blessings,
Tricia

July 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Michele, it's Tammy, from GLU....I want to do a blog hop/party for Christmas in July next year...care to join us?

July 31, 2010 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger Natasha in Oz said...

YUM! This looks delicious. What a great treat for Christmas in July.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

August 8, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home