Home....Where My Story Begins

Sunday, April 19, 2009

New York City

The Red Eye to New York...That I said I'd never do again, well I did again!

The bus ride again was the most uncomfortable ride ever...Even worse then the one before. We spent most of the day walking, walking and did I mention walking! People must find it amusing giving tourists wrong directions and getting them lost. This city doesn't seem so confusing when you look at it on the map.

Favorites of New York City...

Top of the Rock ~ Loved the view of the city and Central Park. Would have loved to see it at night.

Rockefeller Center ~ Loved the Skating Rink and the atmosphere!

The Taxi ~ after walking for block after block, it's was the best site ever!

The ferry ride ~ to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island! The view of the city is amazing!

Ellis Island ~ Took the mental test - putting the square puzzle together - Told my children, they're luck to be born here....cause I failed the test! Can you believe I couldn't put the square together....I would be sent back if I couldn't do it...Thanks Bubba for the brain you were given, obviously, I didn't inherit it! Amazing, what our ancestors went through for the freedom, we take for granted!

Spending time with my three children!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen~ said...

I really enjoy NYC but you are right...all that walking will kill ya!!! Takes the enjoyment out of it! But it still sounds like you did some great stuff and of course time with your kids is priceless!!!

April 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Tina❀ said...

I agree! We do take it for granted. I often wonder if I would have been as brave as they were.

April 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home