Home....Where My Story Begins

Saturday, March 28, 2009

He's Driving Me Crazy!

Anyone who knows me, knows I am very afraid of birds!
I have a robin flying continuously into my french doors....over and over again. I have been searching for ways to stop this and have found some ideas I'm going to try! Of course I don't have shades or blinds on the window so that idea is out!
Decrease the reflectivity of your windows:

Pull down your shades: white curtains or blinds can make it difficult for birds to see their reflections.

Put the screens in operable windows to make them less reflective.

Consider soaping your windows for a couple of weeks during the nesting season.

Break up the reflection by hanging something, placing decorative window films, or using 1-inch-wide tape or ribbon to create vertical stripes every four inches on the outside of your windows.

Move houseplants away from the glass and close curtains over windows and sliding glass doors whenever possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristen~ said...

Or you could do like I do and just not wash the windows!!! lololol (I wish I were kidding but I loathe washing windows!!!)

March 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger simple~needs said...

oh michele, i feel for you. my aunt has this problems all summer long. well, at least she did till last year. we hung windchimes near the windows and moved the bird feeders farther away.
kim

March 28, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home