Home....Where My Story Begins

Monday, June 22, 2009

Quick and Convenient Summer Lunch

I found this recipe on Just A Little Something For You. 
We all  loved it! I had to modify the recipe slightly, due to not being able to find Golden Wheat Pillsbury Grand Biscuits. I used Southern Style instead. Awesome Choice!


Photo from Just a Little Something for You!
I bake a package of reduced fat Golden Wheat Pillsbury Grands on an ungreased tray in the oven. If you have another favorite hamburger roll or sandwich roll, it will work also, and you can skip this first step. When these Grands are baked and cooled, I cut each one in half and fill with the ingredients below;

The recipe is for eight sandwiches; 8 sandwich rolls, 1 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced deli ham, 1 1/2 cups of Kraft cheddar and monterey jack cheese cubes, and layer on the bottom half of the roll. In a bowl add 1/3 cup of mayo, 1/3 cup of honey mustard or brown mustard(whatever your choice), 1/3 cup of sweet pickle relish, 1/2 small onion, finely chopped and stir together. Spoon this mixture on the top half of the roll, and close the sandwich.

Wrap each sandwich individually in Reynold's foil wrap. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, or let cool and freeze the sandwiches. Whenever needed take one out of the freezer, remove foil, microwave for a few seconds, and it's ready to eat. If I have these in the freezer, my husband often grabs one and takes it along to work, for his lunch. Really, these sandwiches are quick, easy and delicious!

6 Comments:

Blogger Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so thankful you all enjoyed this sandwich. I feel honored that you tried it. I am also thankful that I discovered your beautiful blog. I will be back.

June 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Tina❀ said...

This is a great recipe. I can't wait to try this. Thanks fo sharing!

June 23, 2009 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger ~Kristen~ said...

Sounds yummy! Kevin would love these!!! :-)

Girlfriend you gotta add the "follow" widget to your blog!!!

June 25, 2009 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Justabeachkat said...

This recipe sounds like a "keeper" for sure!

Hugs!
Kat

June 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Hi Michele! Thanks for the comment on my "My World" entry. After popping over to see if you also had one up I noticed your most recent entry would me perfect to link up to my new shared blog, The Krazy Kitchen. My blog partner Tamy has the first meme posted already if you'd like to check it out ...
http://thekrazykitchen.blogspot.com/

June 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Furry Bottoms said...

*drool*

July 5, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home