Home....Where My Story Begins

Saturday, January 9, 2010

One of Joel's Favorite Meals

Thinking of Joel today and decided to make one of his favorites.
Haluski
It's really a simple dish to make and I learned years ago to love this type of food, from my Grandma Feyko. My mother is really good at making meals from our Slovak history too.
Ingredients:
Kluski Noodles - My noodles of choice
1 head of Cabbage
2 pkgs. of Kielbasa
1/2 cup of butter
Cook noodles as directed. Cut up cabbage into approximately the same size as the noodles might be a little wider. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add cabbage. Cut Kielbasa into bite size pieces and add to cabbage. Cover and cook until cabbage is soft. When noodles are down drain and add to cooked cabbage/Kielbasa. Mix together and enjoy!!!!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Debbie said...

I love this!! We first ate this at a softball game in Pennsylvania and it was so good. When I make it I put onion in it, do you?

Thanks for sharing your recipe!

January 9, 2010 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Tina❀ said...

LOVE Huluski! I just love cabbage in general.
This looks yummy, Michele!

January 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home